Cersei Lannister has many fans but she is also hated for her ruthlessness. Actress Lena Headey who portrays Cersei is actually not like Cersei at all. She is pretty cool and speaks out her mind. She recently opened up and narrated her own horrible experience on being sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein.
Lena Headey Speaks Out Against Sexual Harassment – Narrates Her Account With Harvey Weinstein
She first spoke on the matter in a tweet when the allegations against Harvey Weinstein broke on the internet.
Then as the #MeToo campaign started gaining force on the internet, especially on Twitter and Facebook, Lena Headey had more to say.
She spoke about meeting Harvey Weinstein at The Venice Film Festival. Harvey Weinstein took Headey for a walk and suggested kissing her. Headey shrugged it off and said, “Never in a million years“. To her, the thought of kissing Weinstein was funny at the time. This is how a lot of women react in general when a man approaches them inappropriately. They try to laugh it off and dodge the situation.
But Harvey Weinstein didn’t stop just there. He approached her again when she was in Los Angeles some another time.
Weinstein started invading into Headey’s personal life by asking her questions about her love life. At one point he suggested going to his room. He told Headey that he wanted to give a script to her. They took an elevator to Weinstein’s hotel room. Headey’s body went into a panic alert mode and Headey told Weinstein that she is not interested in anything more than work. She said NO.
But Harvey Weinstein still grabbed her back and her arm and forced her out of the elevator.
Headey says that she completely felt powerless in that situation. Harvey tried his room key and it didn’t work. He escorted Headey back to the hotel lobby and called a taxi for her. He warned Headey to never speak about it to anyone. Headey says that she felt so powerless and cried after sitting in the car.
What Inspired Lena Headey To Speak Out Against Harvey Weinstein?
Headey’s account comes after more than 40 other women have accused Weinstein of sexual assault. Following the revelations, Weinstein has been sacked by the board of his company and expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. On Monday, the actor Lauren Holly also came forward with claims against Weinstein, describing an encounter she had with the producer in a hotel in the 1990s in which he asked her for a massage while naked. “I wanted to flee. I was scared,” Holly told Canadian talk show The Social.
Weinstein has “unequivocally denied” all allegations of non-consensual sex so far.
Lena Headey is a person full of life. She values friends and family. Her pictures and her activism depict a person full of life.
Some Cool Shots of Lena Headey
Fun Facts About Lena Headey
- Headey had her first experience of acting when she was a student at Shelley College; she was noticed at age 17, when performing in a school production at the Royal National Theatre, and was picked for a role in the 1992 film Waterland.
- Peter Dinklage and Lena are close friends in real life. Dinklage recommended Lena for the role of Cersei Lannister to Game of Thrones Directors.
- Lena is a big fan of Yoga.
- She believes in ghosts which is weird. She claims it to be some supernatural power of hers.
- Lena loves horror movies.
5. Headey is obsessed with tattoos, with several splashes of ink covering large sections of her back including a large lotus flower, colorful birds, and several butterflies, as well as the name of her ex-boyfriend Jason written on her arm in Thai.
7. She suffered from postpartum depression after giving birth to her first child.
8. She is an animal rights activist. She’s done work with PETA in the past and once refused to skin a rabbit in a movie role. They gave her a fake one instead and she got through it.
9. Headey uses a body double in her sex scenes. That’s an interesting fact considering how many sex scenes she’s had to shoot and with the variety of people.
10. She has two dogs, named Wizard and Angela Lansbury.
11. She is an avid Twitter user.
— lena headey (@IAMLenaHeadey) July 16, 2017
Some More Cool Stuff About Lena Headey
One of Headey’s female fans once approached her and showed the actress her “300” inspired wedding album, in which the bride dressed up as Headey’s character, Queen Gorgo, for her special day.
Headey says that she is terrified of appearing on talk shows. Well, this is something I don’t believe. She is pretty good whenever she has appeared in talk shows. I still remember when she agreed to drink wine from a goblet at Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Kid can’t take proper care of themselves nor their pets. The notion was enforced when Headey revealed that as a child she had two hamsters and some goldfish. She decided to give her goldfish a big Jacuzzi for fun and ended up boiling up one, alive.
Doesn’t this make you fall in love with Headey? I am certainly a big fan of her acting. It’s easy to play nice onscreen but to be hated is another thing. After she spoke out against Harvey Weinstein, I have started respecting her even more.