Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) talked about the date for the first read-through meet up of Game of Thrones season 8 cast in his interview with Stockholm Comic Con. The footage was discovered by Watchers on the Wall. We now know when the entire Game of Thrones cast is gonna meet for the first read-through of Game of Thrones season 8.
Game of Thrones Season 8 Cast Meet Up On October 9
Iain Glen is seen telling his audience at Stockholm Comic Con (at 20:43 in the video) that the Game of Thrones Season 8 cast will meet for a read-through on October 9th. Until then, he has no idea what season 8 holds, though he “would just be happy to be alive and in what I imagine is going to be a massive battle [in which] I then survive or die nobly” (21:38).
Why This Two Year Gap in Game of Thrones Season 8 Release Date?
He also told (at 6:40) that production for season 8 will use only one filming unit instead of two units. The past seasons have used two units with the exception of season 3 which used 3 units.
“We’re all starting to occupy the same territory, we’re all starting to be in the same storylines and so they can’t [have two filming units] anymore,” he explained. “I think this last season will take much longer to shoot because they can only use one unit. Because we’re all in the same sort of scenes.”
What Else Does Iain Glen Say In The Stockholm Comic Con Video?
- Iain Glen is fond of the last scene of Game of Thrones Season 1 Finale. Daenerys gives birth to the three dragons in that scene.
- Another scene Glen is fond of is the gladitorial sequence in Game of Thrones Season 5 when he had to fight in an old bullring with six different fighters in front of Daenerys
- According to Iain Glen, Jorah Mormont has moved past the desire of having a physical relationship with Daenerys Targaryen.
- Iain would be happy to die in Game of Thrones Season 8 while trying to save Daenerys from a sword
- Iain reveals that actors are always the last ones to know what is gonna happen in a season. He went in for a greyscale prosthetic fitting before he even knew that he will be having greyscale
- About his fate in Game of Thrones Season 8 while fighting the long night: Iain Glen said that he will be happy to survive this massive battle or die while fighting nobly
- Iain Glen revealed that he was once played as a country singer in a movie called Small Country Repair
The entire cast will be congregating in Northern Ireland for a read-through soon. The filming of Game of Thrones season 8 is supposed to begin this month. The use of only 1 unit explains why Game of Thrones filming and production may end up taking 10 months. We recently learned that Game of Thrones Season 8 may end up filming multiple endings. That can also cause further delay in the Game of Thrones season 8 release date. The expectations from the last season are already high.
Subscribe to my website for latest Game of Thrones updates. Don’t miss out.